Ngani (N/R), March 20, GNA – Southern Sector Youth and Women’s Empowerment Network (SOSYWEN), a non-governmental organization (NGO), has launched a Witches Camp Integrated Project, to create awareness about the plight of the inmates at the camps in the Northern Region. The aim of the educational program, being collaborated by the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA) is aimed at making the youth agents of change to stop all acts inimical to the rights of women. The program will cover Yendi Municipality, East Mamprusi and Nanumba North districts, where the witches camp are located. The Co-ordinator of SOSYWEN, Ms Zenabu Sakibu who launched the campaign said a number of stakeholders including the Ghana Police Service and the Commission for Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ) were part of the program, which was the outcome of a research undertook by the organization at the camps.
STEP 1: Visit this blog and find out about the problem of contemporary Witch Trials and Witch Hunts cases
STEP 2: Have your say and protest against the abuse. Leave a comment or follow the link to a Radical Cartography Project - A Witch Trial Game.
- This tiny game application allows you to experience the questioning commonly used during witch trials. The questions used in the game come from Salem witch trials transcripts, so they are pretty accurate. The application also allows you to view other people's defence statements. After the sentencing message, make sure to click 'LEAVE' to view a map with all entries.
- STEP 3: Take part in the trial and answer the questions. Your trial will be recorded and hidden under a silent silhouette.
Witch Trial Project has been created at Poznań's Fine Arts Academy, Intermedia department.
© 2010 e.w.walters
- Capturing Witches: Histories, Stories, Images 400 years after the Lancashire Witches Lancaster University 17-19 August 2012
- One young Ghanaian’s battle against a soothsayer’s curse
- Woman accused of witch hunt killed and eaten
- Three people dead – witch hunts continue
- Forbidding labeling children as witches — an attack on religous freedom ?!